We develop high-refractive index materials for optical applications. Most materials are imprintable.
Refractive index of most polymers is around n = 1.5 and materials with a refractive index above n = 1.60 are considered as “high refractive index” materials. Our proprietary materials provide outstanding optical properties including a high index of refraction ranges between n = 1.75 and n = 2.05 (@ 590 nm) and high optical transparency. Our materials can be deposited as films, and most of them can be nanoimprinted with excellent pattern transfer fidelity with a high-resolution. Applications are many including: printable photonic devices, waveguides, photonic crystals, micro lenses, anti-reflective coating and much more.
- High Refractive Index
- High Transparency in the visible to near-IR region
- High resolution nanoimprinting
- UV curable organic polymer with the highest refractive index ever reported
Hybrid Inorganic-Organic Material:
|Material||Refractive index (at 590 nm)||Transparency (%) (at 400 nm)||Maximum crack-free film thickness (nm)||Patterning||Anealing* Temperature (°C)||Shrinkage (after annealing)|
|CP1||2.05||>90% (150nm thick film)||150||UV-NIL||400||80%|
|CP2||1.85||>90% (500nm thick film)||500||Reverse NIL||180||40%|
* Requires annealing at this temperature to reach the specified refractive index
- G. Calafiore, et.al. “Printable photonic crystals with high refractive index for applications in visible light”, Nanotechnology 27, 1153031 (2016)
- C. Pina-Hernandez, et.al. “Printable planar lightwave circuits with a high refractive index”, Nanotechnology, 25 325302 (2014). (JOURNAL COVER)
- C. Pina-Hernandez, et.al. “A Route for Fabricating Printable Photonic Devices with Sub-10 nm Resolution”, Nanotechnology, 24, 065301 (2013).
|Material||Refractive index (at 590 nm)||Transparency (%) (at 400 nm)||Maximum crack-free film thickness (nm)||Patterning||Anealing Temperature (°C)||Shrinkage (after annealing)|
|CP5||1.80||>90% (1um thick film)||>10000||Thermal NIL (100°C)||N/A||N/A|
|CP5-UV||1.78||>90% (1um thick film)||>10000||UV-NIL||N/A||N/A|
- C. Pina-Hernandez, et.al. “Nanoimprinted High-Refractive Index Active Photonic Nanostructures Based on Quantum Dots for Visible Light” (under review 2017)
- A. Koshelev, et.al. “High refractive index Fresnel lens on a fiber fabricated by nanoimprint lithography for immersion applications”, Optics Letters 41 (15), 3423-3426 (2016)